If you are looking for plumbing maintenance services, call the Las Vegas plumbers at Yes! Air Conditioning and Plumbing. It’s important to schedule routine maintenance before winter for several reasons. The main reason is that it will allow our professional plumbers to detect any hidden problems before they become a larger repair and expense.
Calling Yes! Air Conditioning and Plumbing, your Las Vegas plumber, to perform routine maintenance and a drain cleaning can help to prevent frozen or burst pipes, which can lead to water leaks and damage to your home. When we inspect your pipes, our plumbers look for any damages or exposed pipes that need more insulation or potential re-routing in extreme situations. We can also provide a drain cleaning service to ensure that your system does not back up during some of the busier times of the year when pipes freeze.
While it is tempting to use a standard drain cleaner, some of these conventional cleaners contain chemicals that can damage your pipes. Making sure you don’t wash grease and solid food waste down kitchen drains is another way to keep drain lines clear. In addition to scheduling an annual tune-up, here are some routine tasks you can do before winter to prevent frozen pipes.
- Disconnect all garden hoses and cover the spigot with a foam insulator.
- Make sure that any exposed pipes are properly insulated. Ask your plumber if you are not sure which pipes need to be insulated.
- Consider electric heat tape for pipes located outside the home.
- Make sure your home is properly sealed and insulated, especially near and around plumbing pipes.
- When temperatures drop, leave faucets open to a drip and open kitchen or bathroom cabinets so that the warm air can keep under sink pipes from freezing.
- Don’t set back your heater below 55° F if you are going to be away from home.
If your pipes do freeze, it is important to call a plumber. You can tell when the pipes have frozen by turning on your faucets to see if water comes out. If not, call a plumber, but leave the faucet on. If there’s a known leak, locate the main shutoff valve and shut off your water before calling a plumber.
Call the plumbers at Yes! Air Conditioning and Plumbing for all your home Las Vegas plumbing needs!